Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking an old iPhone 5S

Jonline
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have an iphone 5S purchased from O2 approx 5-6 years ago, now need it unlocking.

It no longer has a tel number/sim allocated to it. As that moved to a new handset and sim. 

On filling in the online ‘unlock my phone’ I’ve had an email reply saying - I have not passed security, as bascially I don’t have the date of my last bill or the amount (long gone!). I’ve supplied the IMEI and the Serial no, along with my address and details and the email has come back saying email is now closed. The link within the email telling me I have an option re live chat - goes to an empty page? Who do I contact? and how? to get this sorted?

If I just purchase a PAYG sim, will that work? and will the phone be working, its not that I want to take it to another network

Thanks Jon

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Jonline
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

IVE TRIED CUSTOMER SERVICES AND GOT NO WHERE. (note I can also do CAPS and RED)

Who do I contact? and how?

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

CAP LOCKS AND RED DOESN'T DO YOU ANY FAVOURS

I've already asked @Marjo for help so that's it now!

Message 4 of 10

Jonline
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’d suggest, 02 tone it down in the 1st place... this does you no favours, to be confronted by it...

THIS IS NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WE CAN'T ACCESS ACCOUNTS

I’ve now seen your reply, thank you for your time.

Message 5 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The reason it is in red and caps @Jonline is to force home the point that this is not customer services.
Many people assume that this is similar to live chat (who are customer services). Except we are other o2 customers and cannot see anyone's account.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 10

Jonline
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I was under the impression 02 Gurus (were Gurus working for 02) Apologies for the CAPS, now I know better.

...and thank you for the link, (getting hold of anyone at the moment is crazy!)

Message 7 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @Jonline , sorry to hear you're having trouble unlocking your phone. As the guys mentioned above, our community team is not part of CS, however if you're stuck I can pass this on internally to a team who will be able to take a closer look and hopefully help you with the unlock. I'd need to drop you a private message here on the forum though as I'll need a few additional details so look out for a message shortly!

We do have a temporary group of store Gurus working here on the community due to the lockdown situation, however they offer also general support at the moment, similarly to our knowledgeable members (customers) without account access, so if you see Gurus / O2 Support staff around here on the forum, that's what they do. Hope that clarifies it a bit more on what the community can help with. slight_smile

Cheers for the tag above @jonsie thumbsup

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Pamrats
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions