Did you mean: 

Unknown/Private number for all incoming calls

Spooderbab
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I rejoined O2 earlier this year and after a rather tedious process of having my number ported over (this failed several times and I was left without a working phone during a house move) I now have phone service. However, since the number port was fixed, all incoming calls show as either "Unknown" or "Private number" - Even calls from existing contacts.

I did contact O2 via Facebook chat several times and they suggested this was a known issue affecting multiple users, but they had no fix at that point in time and couldn't provide any kind of incident ID with it being a master incident.

I've thoroughly checked that my phone is configured how it should be, and research has lead me to believe that the caller ID info is something which passes through the carrier and has to be enabled at that end for me to see it, so I think some kind of a reset is needed in order to resolve the issue. I also can't access voice mail as it tells me it doesn't recognise the 901 number.

Please could I get some assistance with this? It has been having a huge impact as far as my safety on the phone and being exposed to spam callers, fraud attempts and other unwanted calls... My Pixel 7 Pro has features to combat these issues such as call screening and spam filtering, though this is rendered useless without caller ID info. The entire situation has left me feeling vulnerable throughout the process of moving house and up to now, any help would be hugely appreciated.

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12075 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

See the image in the post I am linking to @jj9ray 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Caller-IDs-all-unknown/m-p/1684073#M269234 

o2 have developed this as a way to force the unknown caller issue to be fixed.

The alternative to this is to get your account completely rebuilt - so deleted and re-made...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144457 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@O2Sarah- ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 26

EmlynD
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have this same issue. All my contacts appear as 'hidden number'.

I've had three new SIM cards but same problem. It's not my phone as I've swapped my SIM with my wife's phone and the problem is still there.

Be nice if someone could help or I'm afraid I'll be leaving O2 after 20yrs

Message 3 of 26

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12075 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Let's see if the community advisors can help @EmlynD 

Can you get in touch to try and fix this @O2Ryan ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 26

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 5 of 26

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@EmlynD I will send you a private message so we can look int this. 

Message 6 of 26

Spooderbab
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Sarah,

Is there any chance you could also help me by looking into this? I received a response from the O2 Facebook chat saying that the initial master incident had been marked as resolved... Though there is no sign of a resolution on my end.

I'd very much appreciate your support if possible, thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 26

Spooderbab
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

STILL waiting for a response from either an O2 rep on here or via the Facebook messenger chat.

The hilarious part that leaves me feeling completely ignored would be that even though I started this thread, someone who commented on my thread (@EmlynD) having the same issue got a response almost instantaneously. From TWO separate O2 reps here!

It's seriously beginning to look like ombudsman is the only way to get a result at this stage. We're almost half way through the year and I've had no caller ID info the whole time.

Message 8 of 26

Spooderbab
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Ryan @O2Sarah- Please see above whenever you are next able to.

Message 9 of 26

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning. Thanks for the tag @Spooderbab

I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 10 of 26