cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls or texts since porting my number to o2 from vodaphone

MrsD2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My number was ported from vodaphone to o2 on Thursday and since they have done it I can only receive calls from o2 network.

have called customer service many times and still not solved.

I have been to store and they have checked settings, done phone restore and sim swap and still having same problem!

please can anyone help! 

o2 have been useless! 

Message 1 of 58
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@MrsD2 

It will be Vodafone, as they wont have completed the port on there end, as they have to do some changes to how the number is routed as they still own the prefix in the national number plan. 

You need to get o2 to pass it to Vodafone to fix, you will need to persevere with Customer Services i am afraid.

I would also check Vodafone have closed your account with them down correctly.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@MrsD2 

It will be Vodafone, as they wont have completed the port on there end, as they have to do some changes to how the number is routed as they still own the prefix in the national number plan. 

You need to get o2 to pass it to Vodafone to fix, you will need to persevere with Customer Services i am afraid.

I would also check Vodafone have closed your account with them down correctly.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 58

MrBloggs99
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The best advice i can give you is  just cancel your contract and go back to Vodaphone, save yourself from the misery and pain of O2

Message 3 of 58

Kt22
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, sorry can I just see if you've resolved this? I'm having the same problem and no one from O2 can seem to help!

Message 4 of 58

JarodEdmiston
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi!

Did you ever get this sorted? I have the same thing and can’t receive calls or messages!

Message 5 of 58

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

There's a couple of people here who need help @O2Sarah- .

Can you get in touch with @JarodEdmiston ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 58

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@JarodEdmiston I will send you a private message so we can look into this for you.

Message 7 of 58

Ramona
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you please help me too, i have exact same problem as above described and been trying to fix this for 3 weeks. @O2Sarah- 
im on the call with 02 now and the agent has no clue what im talking about, so i guess ill wait here and hope someone will be able to help me 😞 

Message 8 of 58

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Sarah is not working today @Ramona so I will ask the advisors on duty to help.

@O2Lisa @O2Daniel can you contact Ramona?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 58

Ramona
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much, im honestly on the verge of crying, ive been locked out of my bank acocunt, my card has been stopped. So much in this world revolve around mobile phone and ability to get texts. And the worst thing is i dont know when im not getting calls and texts unless they find other way to contact me. 

Message 10 of 58