Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls after turning off divert whilst abroad

PC2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I had to urgently go abroad, I turned divert calls to voicemail. I am still abroad and wanted to be able to receive calls. I have tried ##002# and it says failed, then I was told to turn off my voicemail by dialling 1760 and it says Messaging cleared but I am still unable to receive calls but can make calls. 

Spoke with 2 advisors so far, can anyone help Please? Am urgently needing to receive a call.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6605 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

See if this helps

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@PC2020 

You can't control your VM when abroad.

Only O2 can change it for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

PC2020
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, O2 are the ones saying I have to do it using these options?! And Say cant do anything 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@PC2020 

That's because they make up stuff to get customers off the phone.

Keep trying or use social media.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

PC2020
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone for your contribution and um... Encouragement 🤣. I have managed to fix it! 

To be fair whilst all the technical team were pleasant and friendly, not all were easy to understand with their broken English, but they tried. However I must admit their resources or training/experience did not help the, go past what was written in front of them to try. 

Whilst with the third Tech, we tried a few things and he basically said He could not understand it and was at the end of the line. He said He was going to put me on pause and was going to try see if anyone had any ideas. We agreed I would try and put the sim in another phone and see if it had the same issue while he was doing that. So approx 10+ minutes on hold, 

Swapped Phones, and I went from a newer iPhone to a iPhone 6S. Upon swapping, I asked a friend in the uk to call me and they got the same long pause then straight to Voicemail. However I noticed that the 6S showed a symbol that the newer iPhone did not (it has an older OS). Th symbol was a Telephoen with an arrow to the right. At this stage I had cancelled all diverts, and also gone into my phone settings and made sure there was no forwarding as I had never done any forwarding via the phone only through the network instructions. 

I did some research and it said this was call forwarding! So I went into settings, and the forwarding was to a UK mobile number which turns out was o2 Voicemail. I then Cancelled the forwarding on the old Phone and was able tor receive a call, I swapped back to my phone checked the forwarding was still cancelled and was able to receive calls again. I went to settings --> Phone --> call forwarding and then cancelled it from there but will stress I never set it up, happened with they network command. 

If I hadn't have put it in an iPhone 6S that showed the forwarding (as my phone didn't) I dont think we woudl have resolved it. the tech came back and said they were at a brick wall, and I explained that this had been the case and he was glad. 

I do feel that the support I received has been poor for what I would expect from o2, I've had good experiences when I first took out my contract a few years ago, however now If I try and call it takes forever, If I use the Chat the Bot is totally useless in letting me ge through to an advisor and then when it says it will put me through after many minutes of answering irrelevant questions it comes back with Sorry no one is available and that is almost every time, So something is not working properly in their resources and systems!! 

That said I am happy with the service from the phone in terms of signal and the Features, I just wish they woudl invest more in their staff, training and availability as if that was on point they woudl be amazing over just good. 

My issue shouldn't have needed 3 Techs to go through it and still not be able to resolve it. 

Thanks for the community and lets hope someone somewhere sees these kinds of messages as we want to love them, but they let themselves down and hopefully will get it sorted in the year to come... Happy Easter all

Message 6 of 8

PC2020
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much, O2 said that wasn't the case. Apparently you can. Appreciate the help though

Message 7 of 8

PC2020
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much 

Message 8 of 8