Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to port number

julia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was paying for my sons 02 account. He has now bought a new iPhone from 02 and wants to keep his old number. He bought the phone on the 15th March and we still have been unable to port the number. We have gone to the 02 shop twice now and they have not been helpful. The staff there told us that customer service are rubbish and that customers always have a problem porting numbers. They said “ that’s just how it is” .

iam still paying for his old account even though I have paid off the small amount owable. Meanwhile my son will be paying for a brand new phone but can’t use all families on it.

This is ridiculous. Can anyone help with this? My son is autistic and this is causing him untold stress.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23126 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@julia Your post is a little confusing. Are you still paying for your son's air time, or does he want to pay for both the air time and the new phone? If you're still paying the air time, all he has to do is put his old sim in his new phone. There's no need to port the number.

Edit: Please do not repeat the same post multiple times. You will receive answers, but it gets confusing if replies go to different posts asking the same question.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 15

julia
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No he is paying for air time and phone 

Message 3 of 15

Bambino
  • 23126 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@julia Does he now have a contract in his name? If so, see this: Migration & porting into O2 - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

julia
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Because they haven’t been able to port the number I am still paying for his air time which I don’t want to do but he still needs access to a phone because of his disability.

Message 5 of 15

Bambino
  • 23126 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@julia If you're still paying for the air time then his old sim should still be active and usable in his new phone.

I will tag an O2 account advisor who will be on tomorrow morning. Hopefully she will be able to help you with the porting issue. Look for the envelope icon top right of the page for a private message.

@O2Sarah- can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 15

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6639 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

Have you followed the advice above. The number needs migrating not porting. If you ask about porting Customer Service will think you want to bring the number from another network. Sadly, they find it difficult at times to work things out!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 15

julia
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They asked for that in the shop and it still wasn’t done

Message 8 of 15

julia
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just checked with my son and he also asked for it to be migrated

Message 9 of 15

julia
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Received an email from 02  to confirm “transfer of ownership” but wasn’t done.

Message 10 of 15