Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing calls

Anella1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently in Ireland and am unable to make outgoing calls.  I have switched phone off and on, I have no outstanding software upgrades, my bill is paid and I have good reception.  Help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi @Anella1 I will send you a private message for further details!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 5

Al66
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the same issue.  I arrived at Dublin Airport on Saturday morning, switched on my O2 pay monthly 3G phone and couldn't make a single call.  I could receive calls and send and receive texts but not many any non-emergency calls.  I gather O2 sold its Irish business to EE recently and they've been switching off the 3G network so what gives?

Message 3 of 5

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi @Anella1 @Al66 an issue has been detected which now however should be fixed. Please reboot your phone before trying again. Let me know if it works out for you!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

Al66
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much.  I contacted O2 and explained the issue I'd experienced.  They've now sent out a new sim:  I'm hoping it cures the issue but I won't know until I go to Ireland again early in the new year.  Thanks for your help. 🙂

Message 5 of 5