Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to enable Wi-Fi calling & Apple Watch Airtime - O2 not sure

Matt33
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been unable to enable my wi-fi calling on my iPhone 12 Pro, receiving the message "To allow Wi-Fi calling on this account, contact O2".   

I have also been unable to activate apple watch airtime through the watch app receiving the message "Your O2 account is not eligible to enable cellular on your apple watch.  Contact O2 for more information" and I have read that these may be linked 

I've called O2 but they don't know why it doesn't work.  They say Wi-Fi calling is active their end.  There is nothing on My O2 where I can see or select wi-fi calling as an option before enabling on my phone. 

Does anyone have a guess?

Pay monthly contract paid by DD

iPhone was with Vodaphone and ported across to O2 on a sim only at the end of the 24 months.

Apple watch was not bought via O2 either

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144445 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

iPhones do not and never have had operator specific firmware, so that is completely irrelevant and total nonsense from O2.

The ONLY control factor is the carrier settings which should download when any new sim is inserted.

@Matt33 

Check your carrier setting has updated to O2 and if so, you have all you need for wifi calling to work.

I'll tag in @O2Sarah- who will be on in the morning as I'm sure she can sort the mess out for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144445 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

@Matt33 

wifi on.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Matt33
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Matt33_0-1683906923411.png

@MI5 Not there... and I have no device name under my mobile number 

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144445 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

@Matt33 

You must be on the new system. I'm not yet.

I think @Enlli is so can maybe advise as to where to find it?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

On my 360 there is no device information but that is probably due to it being my own handset not supplied by O2.

I've searched everywhere for the WiFi Calling option and it's not there

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144445 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

Ah, another huge step forward then 🙄 

@ColinO2 how to customers on 360 control their wifi calling options please?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Matt33
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @ColinO2,  do you have any info on activating wi-fi calling on the new My 02 portal?

-Thanks 

Message 7 of 15

Matt33
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5 

I have spoken to customer support again and they have now said that they are trying to add the bolt on their end, but they are receiving an error.  

They have advised that it’s been referred to the tech team and should take 5-10 days to be looked at.  In your experience is this a realistic timeframe/solution?

thanks, 

Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144445 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

Not unexpected these days unfortunately @Matt33 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Matt33
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5,

No one has come back to me after the 5-10 days, the latest twitter exchange over 8 days has ended with them saying the firmware I have doesn’t support these features. 

Is that pretty final as you are aware? 

thanks for your help this far. 

Message 10 of 15