Did you mean: 

Unable to activate Cellular Plan for paired Aplle Watch Ultra

pah210147
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have a pay monthly SIM only plan with O2 (30GB data, unlimited texts & minutes). I use the SIM in an iPhone 14 Pro Max that I bought from the Apple Store Online.

I recently bought an Apple Watch Ultra from the Apple Store Online. I would like to add the Watch Airtime plan for £5 a month to activate the cellular function of the Apple Watch. 

When I try to do this using the 'Set Up Mobile Plan' in the Apple Watch App on my iPhone I receive the message: “Activating”. This has existed for several days.

Can @LISAO2 help?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

This morning, it's @O2Ryan on from 8am, @pah210147 - keep an eye on your Private Messages here after 8am.

Meantime, check your phone and watch gave latest software (iOS 16.3, watch at 9.something), and see if these steps from another post help: Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.
Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.
Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.
It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.
To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.
If you get an error message at any point, on the iPhone, go to Settings and select Privacy > Motion & Fitness and switch it on.
Then go back to the watch app/Mobile Data/set up mobile data plan and be ready to put your o2 username and password in to the resulting o2 screen. Also, it costs £5 monthly to add the airtime for the Apple Watch, so you'll need to authorise this after entering the o2 user name and password. The phone app will then say 'activating' which can take a day or so, but at that point, you can try doing a phone call direct from the watch to test it.
You also need to have 4g and wifi calling and iData enabled on your account and pay bills by direct debit. Good luck!

Message 2 of 16

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 3 of 16

pah210147
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance. How do I enable iData? Thanks in advance for your further support.

Regards,

Peter

Message 4 of 16

Amiran
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 
Would you be able to assist? I have the same error on the new watch when trying to enable data package, reference 48 
Thank you 

Message 5 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

@pah210147 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance. How do I enable iData? Thanks in advance for your further support.

Regards,

Peter

You need to get in touch with customer services to get iData added to your account @pah210147 

Give O2 a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202.

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Can you get in touch with @Amiran to see if you can help @O2Georgina ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 16

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Amiran  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 8 of 16

pah210147
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update to my initial posting.

In the past 24 hours, I received information from O2 that the reason I cannot connect my Apple Watch Ultra to its cellular network is because there is a bug in the O2 network. No date for a bug fix was given. A case number was created on my behalf by an O2 employee.

I am assured that iData is active in my account and that it is not necessary to have a DD to activate the proposed £5/month cellular plan. The sole treason for lack of cellular connectivity is the bug!

I hope this additional information is useful for those currently experiencing cellular connectivity issues similar to those reported by me in my initial posting.

Message 9 of 16

Dairylee
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Georgina @I’m having the same

problem can you please help?

Message 10 of 16