cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access bill so unable to pay it!

Maddy3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’ve recently switched from a contract to pay as you go.

I have a small amount of airtime to pay off on my previous contract, but myo2 has now synced with my pay as you go details and I can’t access the bill to pay it. Every time I call o2 the line goes dead after spending forever on hold, so I can neither pay online nor by phone, and they’re sending threatening emails about debt collection.

please help!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36453 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@Maddy3 - 

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about - use the specific Payment management number 0800 902 0217 free from any landline or your PAYG phone.

The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Best time to call and speak to a UK call centre is 8.05am

Message 2 of 6

Maddy3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you - I have tried that a few times now and after speaking to a few people I’ve been put on hold and then eventually they have hung up on the call! I’m also abroad so I’ve spent about £30 on hold to customer service to pay a bill that’s worth less than that :’)

I guess it’s the only solution and I should try again though… thanks for your fast answer!

Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36453 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

You could use Social Media, eg Facebook or Twitter, to contact O2 online - the link below has the details, and that should remove the cost to contact Customer Services provided you are on a WiFi signal wherever you are. 

You also can try Guide: A Guide to Skype whilst on WiFi to call the 0800 number, at no cost to you, @Maddy3 - worth a shot? Good luck!

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145004 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Maddy3 

You can use Skype to call the 0800 number for free.

Just change the start of the number to 0044 800

Guide: A Guide to Skype 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6322 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Maddy3 

Various methods of payment including cheque and bank transfer are described in here :- 

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

Message 6 of 6