Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra watch stuck on ‘O2 activating’

Davey193984
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi can anyone advise me. Bought an ultra watch and tried to set up up cellular data. Went on the watch app on my phone and followed the steps, selecting the £5monthly companion sim. Since 13/07, my iPhone watch app, has been stuck on O2 activating (they said it should take 24hrs but maybe longer) after trying to sort it out O2 have sent me this……

“”””Dominic, you'll have to get in touch with the provider from whom you have purchased the device as the E-sim will be provided by them and they can get this resolved for you.

And you'll have to use the new sim taken on 13/07/2023, once it arrives for the Apple watch to be connected to the 02 network.

I also see that the order has been stuck in Network

Provisioning since 13/07/2023, hence l've gone ahead and escalated this and processed a request for our dedicated team to take a look at the order and resolve the issue that is causing it to be stuck. They'll resolve the issue within 5 working days.“””. Does this sound correct ??? I need to contact apple? And wait for a sim to come from O2? I thought the whole point of a eSim was it just needs to be activated. Any advice is much appreciated. Been going on too long.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36407 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Probably a lot easier on any other UK network than O2, currently - as the search bar at the top of page will reveal... Sorry I cannot be more encouraging, @Davey193984.

Message 2 of 4

Davey193984
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I see lots of people are having issues but O2 shouldn’t be telling me wrong information. 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36407 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Have you tried o2's Social Media Team, @Davey193984? The link just below this post takes you to the Direct or Private message part of the team, and so long as you keep your query active every so often by asking for an update (for example), they do work pretty well.

Webchat is useless except for a new purchase. 202 involves waiting, frustration, and passing if the problem from section to section until one of those hangs up on you.

Message 4 of 4