Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two sims one account ?

Creative
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Can you have two SIMs on one account ?  Reason: when using 4G for broadband voice calls signal drops to 3G (making internet access effectively u/s). Two sims on the same account would allow for 4G data and 3G calls at the same time with no impact on data …. Any other ways of preventing a data voice conflict ? 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Creative 

Not possible, sorry.

Network switching will depend on your location and the quality of the signal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Creative 

Not possible, sorry.

Network switching will depend on your location and the quality of the signal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Creative
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Another 21st century shocker, we have the technology to land a craft on Mars but not the imagination to break out the box.  C’mon @O2 !  Merry Christmas

Message 3 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Creative 

All networks stopped offering this a few years ago, as the take up was so small, it was made unfeasible to offer it, even to Enterprise customers as even they can see the pitfalls and no business reason to offer it.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 9

Creative
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So with limited O2 4G calling device support the only solution is to take out another contract, one for voice and one for data ?  Just don’t seem fair somehow no different from having to pay for a landline and broadband, particularly as VoIP is replacing landline now. Really expect more from @O2.  Thanks for reply.

Message 5 of 9

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Creative 

I dont know which bit you are not understanding. 

NO UK NETWORK OFFERS WHAT YOU ARE WANTING / LOOKING FOR 

So this isn't any of them are going to offer anytime soon... 

If a customer who pays 6 or 7 figures a year isn't interested in this, then NO Network is going to invest in it for consumers

Message 6 of 9

Creative
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey Level 57 ease up.  You clearly don’t have to rely on 4G for rural broadband.  How would you work round the problem ?  (That was a genuine Happy Christmas btw).

Message 7 of 9

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Creative

I don't but have helped family who live in rural areas connect up to either broadband or 4G.

Look into B4RN or one of the Rural ISP's who are building out connectivity using Microwave links to homes, or laying their own Fibre. 

Also see if you can get the vouchers for the village or local area which will contribute towards a build out

Also look into an external Antennae for your home, which can help with getting a stronger signal, look at 4G routers that allow sim bonding so you can use multiple operators sim cards to create a home network,, which would also give failover. (or get a multi operator sim card such as Anywhere Sim Home Page

A good website to look on ispreview.co.uk 

Message 8 of 9

Creative
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @madasaf1sh 

Message 9 of 9