Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my phone number to a work colleague

Bluebirdsupreme
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, how easy is it to transfer my current mobile phone number to a work colleague? Is it possible for me to get a new number for my phone and a PAC code so my colleague can take over my existing number?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Bluebirdsupreme 

This should really be a business contract.

There are 2 options. 

1 - Pay off your current contract and move it PAYG and then just give your sim card to your colleague and let them then deal with porting to another network, you would have to change all the registered details of the sim card.

2. Your colleague would need to sign up for a new o2 contract / 30 days sim only and pass all credit and affordability checks, then you would need to call up o2 and move ask to migrate the number across.  

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

You would need to sign up to a new contract and again pass credit and affordability checks during the applications process.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Bluebirdsupreme 

This should really be a business contract.

There are 2 options. 

1 - Pay off your current contract and move it PAYG and then just give your sim card to your colleague and let them then deal with porting to another network, you would have to change all the registered details of the sim card.

2. Your colleague would need to sign up for a new o2 contract / 30 days sim only and pass all credit and affordability checks, then you would need to call up o2 and move ask to migrate the number across.  

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

You would need to sign up to a new contract and again pass credit and affordability checks during the applications process.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2