Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up disappeared

Maximum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had £1.49 credit when my monthly allowance expired. I didn't renew it and got a message saying I have to top up £10 to get my Big Data bundle allowance back, all good so far. (I have two sims and the O2 sim was not in use for data - everything was off my primary non O2 sim). I topped up £10, had my Big Data bundle renewed and discovered my £1.49 credit had gone. How does this happen?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36459 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

When you run beyond your top up date without sufficient funds to renew your bundle, your calls and texts become chargeable at standard rates - your £1.49 would have been consumed as you used your phone until you topped-up, @Maximum - and data rollover usually is lost also in any month where you have insufficient funds available to renew on your renewal date. I hope that explains things for you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 36459 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

When you run beyond your top up date without sufficient funds to renew your bundle, your calls and texts become chargeable at standard rates - your £1.49 would have been consumed as you used your phone until you topped-up, @Maximum - and data rollover usually is lost also in any month where you have insufficient funds available to renew on your renewal date. I hope that explains things for you.

Message 2 of 4

Maximum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. I had my main non O2 SIM in use the entire time. Calls, texts and data were all taken from my non O2 SIM, so I don't understand how my O2 credit could have been used. I only use my O2 SIM at certain times so I'm flummoxed. 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 36459 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

It is a bit of a paradox, @Maximum - one which, as nobody here on the forum can access your account, will have to be queried by calling O2 in 4445. Best time to call is around 08:15 any morning. They will be able to see what chargeable activity occurred on your account to use that £1.49 balance until you next topped-up. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4