Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not sending and “My Number” showing as Temporary number

lildawgy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

About three weeks ago I got my PAC code from EE and got it sorted with o2 on the phone. I never received a confirmation email but my phone number seemed to be working fine after a couple of days. Now I can’t send texts and it says “This number is registered to your Apple ID but not to this phone” and that it expires in 6 days. Suddenly I’m panicking. Checked settings and “My Number” showing up as o2 temp number. Tried to change it but it won’t. Tried removing sim and popping back in,  phone on and off nothing working. Was on hold to o2 for ages and gave up. Please can anyone help? I’m worried now I’m going to lose this number I’ve had for years! Please help

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@lildawgy 

You need to do a reset of your network settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@lildawgy 

You need to do a reset of your network settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

lildawgy
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

oh my gosh that worked!!! thank you so so much. My proper number is now showing up under My Number. In Message and Facetime settings the 6 day warning is still there, however my proper number shows up underneath so seems like it’ll be ok. Thanks again slight_smile whew! 

Message 3 of 5

lildawgy
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That’s worked thank you!!! 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

You're welcome @lildawgy 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5