cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and RCS issues - damaged sim or faulty phone number?

Joloxx9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, I will try to give you as much info as possible and keep it as simple as possible 🙂

I have three devices

S23 ultra(my device, moved number from EE recently to o2, pay monthly)

S23(wife's phone, she moved number from ee to o2, pay monthly ) 

Iphone se(company phone o2 pay monthly) 

The issue I have does appear only MY sim card, no matter which phone I use I face random issues with text messages, every few messages they do not send(error 0 on android devices) I have to re-sens them few times. And somwtimes I do not get them, let's say I send 5 messages to myself then after few seconds only 4 of them arrive...

Moreover I cannot activate RCS messages, I got constant serting up in app.

I have tested 3 text apps, google, samsung and textra plus Imessages.

I have tested all possible configurations  and like I said - issue occurs only on my sim, no matter in which phone it is. There is no issues which other cards.

Just to clear - this number was working fine under EE, I had rcs and no issues with text messages etc.

My question is, what am I supposed to now?

I wqs thinking about following things:

- ask them to check backend, maybe there is something wrong after they swapped my number, but where should I report it, people on 202 got no clue about technical issues

- ask for new sim/esim this should resolve issue if sim is faulty

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Tough call account or SIM?

All I can say is if you go down the new SIM route take ID and do it at an O2 Store, If you do it online O2 will cancel your old SIM to send out the new and you will be without a phone

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 11

Joloxx9
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If I go to store, will they replace it straight away?

I can always ask for esim over the phone I guess, this would definitely give me an answer if sim is faulty or rather something in backend

Message 3 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Be aware @Joloxx9 that if you phone for a new sim then the current one is (most likely) to be cut off - so if you need a "working" phone you would be wise to visit a store for a new one...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 11

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@Joloxx9 As you are recent you may be on the 360 system 

Check my post here re swapping eSIMs but the same process is used to move from plastic

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/360-And-eSIM-Transfer/m-p/1621146#M125549

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 11

Joloxx9
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I as on the phone with 202, they said I have 4g sim card and they send me 5g esim over an post(lol??????) I thought that they can send me qr code over e-mail. Anyway not sure if it will solve issue as my company sim card is 4g and I had no issues with it.

Anyway I cannot se option to swap sim like in your guide, how can I check if  I am on the new 360 system?

Message 6 of 11

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

If it's not there then you probably not on 360. There is no way for the customer to find out I only did by accident.

The change has been going on here for months. Not all the advisors or shops have access at the moment. Bit of a mess really.

Message 7 of 11

Joloxx9
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had another call to 202, they have no clue what 360 is...

Anyway, in app there is no way to swap sim without sim serial number I will have to wait for qr code or whatever that is in the post. A bit a joke that they cannot send me a link/qr code to e-mail/ my number huh....

I think the issue is related more to something at the backend, damaged sim would impact texts only, but RCS should work just fine. 

The person on other side told me that there is a chance that EE didn't released the number fully, not sure what that mean and how would that impact my text messages only

Message 8 of 11

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@Joloxx9 wrote:

Had another call to 202, they have no clue what 360 is

Now there is a surprise. So they could be giving out wrong information when people on the new system have a problem

Thread here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402

Perhaps @ColinO2 would like to comment.

Message 9 of 11

Joloxx9
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK so guy from 202 said that my sim will work until I register my new esim. However at 6PM my sim card stopped working, whenever I try to make a call I can see "not registered on network" I have full perception and nothing is working. 

Cannot even phone 202 lol.

Well to be honest this is some kind of next level of incompetence for me, I am not going to pay for this.

Message 10 of 11