Did you mean: 

Text Messages and emails apparently from 02 updating my tariff

BellaDonna4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Guys,

I've never been here before but am looking for a little help from those more knowledgeable than myself...

Today, I've received two text messages apparently from O2UK, first stating a tariff change was completed at 6.12am this morning to O2 Sim Only Unlimited 30D 500MB (link given that I have NOT followed is https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/?routeTo=allowances). 

Secondly, I received a 2nd text saying I'd chosen NOT to apply a Spend Cap (again link given and not followed o2.co.uk/help/spendcap)

To be clear, I'm of a generation not reliant on my mobile phone, and only ever go online using my own home wifi and have data usage disabled. I have an extremely low SIM only tariff of £5.60 which is no longer available.

I checked my account logging into o2 and there appears to be no extra usage, no tariff change, and my bill is due tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's a hoax/phishing scam but it all looks so legit, and don't want to ignore it, for it to come back and bite me.

Any help/suggestions/reassurances would be very gratefully received as I couldn't get to online chat at this time on a Sunday...

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@BellaDonna4 

I've checked the link and it is genuine.

If there are no changes in your MyO2 it would appear to have been sent to you in error.

Keep an eye on your MyO2 and if anything changes, call customer service immediately.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

BellaDonna4
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for your speedy response, I will do exactly as you suggest.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4