Did you mean: 

Terrible signal around East Grinstead

sillysoprano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For a few weeks there has been terrible signal

around East Grinstead (RH19). Unless I am on wifi in the town it is very unlikely I can make calls where the person on the other end can hear me, or the phone doesn’t ring at all, and I have no internet. It seems to be a common issue in the town amongst 02 customers and lots of people including me are thinking of changing carrier. What is going and and can be done to fix the problem?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Looks like not enough capacity for the number of users. And work presently going o

Screenshot_20231027_220628_My Network.jpg

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

BastianO
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am experiencing a recurring problem with the lack of internet connectivity, particularly during the weekdays from 9am to 7pm. I have submitted multiple support tickets in both April and May 2024. Unfortunately, on two occasions, these tickets were closed without any communication with me.

Subsequently, I recently engaged in a discussion with a technician who assured me that everything appeared to be in order. However, it has become evident that this statement was inaccurate. It seems that the company is marketing service contracts for regions where they are unable to provide satisfactory coverage.

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@BastianO Are you in the same area as per the original thread?

Check these out

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

Use WiFi Calling at home 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

BastianO
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh, yeah, East Grinstead!

Guess what? Yesterday, I got this pay-as-you-go 4G EE SIM card from Poundland (in East Grinstead) for £15 with 25GB data on it. I activated it and man, O2 doesn't even compare. They were either clueless or just not bothered.

This new one is not just fast; it's like lightning fast! I've got a phone with two SIM slots, so I'll be switching between them. But O2 won't be fooling me any more, that's for sure!

Btw. their shop closed down in East Grinstead. I think, I know why.

Message 5 of 6

Enlli
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

We, on here, always recommend checking out a network with a PAYG SIM or similar in the areas you frequent before taking out any contracts.

Message 6 of 6