Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Virgin Mobile to O2

LG-Cheshire
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone was switched from Virgin Mobile to O2 on 6th October 2023, whilst I was in France. I was assured by O2 ( call to tech, support) that the Virgin Mobile SIM would continue to work whilst I remain in France (and even when I return to the UK). I will return from France on 29th October 2023.

Despite the assurances, my SIM no longer works in France - and I am unable to send/receive calls & texts, or use mobile data. This is totally unacceptable.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10410 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3053 Solutions

@LG-Cheshire 

That is down to Virgin rushing to get everyone moved over, probably because of a big bill..  The problem is the Belgian Network the old Virgin Sims belong to are also terminating them making it very difficult to re-enable.. 

Your only option is to try and see if o2 can get (KPN i think it is) to re-enable it. 

You can call using Skype on 0800 081 0255 option 1 and then 3

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10410 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3053 Solutions

@LG-Cheshire 

That is down to Virgin rushing to get everyone moved over, probably because of a big bill..  The problem is the Belgian Network the old Virgin Sims belong to are also terminating them making it very difficult to re-enable.. 

Your only option is to try and see if o2 can get (KPN i think it is) to re-enable it. 

You can call using Skype on 0800 081 0255 option 1 and then 3

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2