Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Service

max2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, can anyone help; just moved to O2 from EE and brought old number with me which had for years, using PAC codes as normal between providers. Account has now gone live with correct number on O2 account, and receives calls/texts etc, but in my "contacts" on my phone it shows my original EE number from a previous handset/SIM, not my current one that I have brought with me. in "Settings" "About Phone", there is no entry under "Phone Number". I used the Samsung "Smart Switch" to move everything between phones.

Can anyone please advise how I update my current number to show correctly in "contacts" and settings  

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@max2020 

O2 don't push numbers to sim cards so it will always show the original O2 number unless you use another phone to overwrite the sim details.

You need to put your sim in an iPhone and go to Settings >Phone >My Number to write it to the sim then save it.

You can then go back to your phone and it will show the correct number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@max2020 

O2 don't push numbers to sim cards so it will always show the original O2 number unless you use another phone to overwrite the sim details.

You need to put your sim in an iPhone and go to Settings >Phone >My Number to write it to the sim then save it.

You can then go back to your phone and it will show the correct number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2