Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to replace my damaged sim

rickxxuk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called the support number because my sim is damaged and I want a replacement with the same number and I was told to replace my damaged sim I need to answer security question which was what is the balance on my phone, I told her I don't know and I failed all 3 attempts.

Is it not possible to replace my sim by answering other security questions  such as numbers from my postcode for topping up or the last 3 digits of the card I used for the last top up???

This is ridiculous.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10164 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions

@rickxxuk 

It all depends on what question is presented to the agent, and also they wont know what your card details are as it wont be presented, and some of the answers to some security questions are easily guessed.

The best way to replace it is to take Photo ID with you to your nearest o2 store and they can swap it there and then. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10164 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions

@rickxxuk 

It all depends on what question is presented to the agent, and also they wont know what your card details are as it wont be presented, and some of the answers to some security questions are easily guessed.

The best way to replace it is to take Photo ID with you to your nearest o2 store and they can swap it there and then. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2