Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 5 not working properly

Chri
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am stuck in a contract with an O2 phone which doesn't work properly until Feb next year. I have had this phone since Feb 2020. When people phone me the phone cuts out . It doesn't turn on sometimes after a charge so I have to try not to let it run low on battery. Someone's it gets stuck in the intro graphics. It is very unreliable and runs updates constantly. I am struggling to find a way through the O2 help sections on the app to find a way to repair it or get it replaced. It feels like it's outdated for modern capabilities and is running slow. Also the camera has visual blur so is no longer useful. 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35932 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Sounds like you have had the phone on a 3-year deal, you may find Sony can help if you get it to them before your 2-year warranty is up - some info from Sony to help.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/SX517801

Once you get into your 3rd year with O2, any repair you wish to make comes out of your pocket, @Chri.

The issue with O2's 3-year term contracts is most manufacturers cover defect repairs for up to 2 years. I am not sure if Sony offer 1 or 2 year cover, you would need to check with them.

If no joy, you can pay off your device plan, and perhaps recoup some money on the phone from CEX or similar, and put the money into a second-user functional phone for the 3rd year of your contract.

Others here may come back to you with other ideas - shame you put up with your misbehaving phone for so long.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35932 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Sounds like you have had the phone on a 3-year deal, you may find Sony can help if you get it to them before your 2-year warranty is up - some info from Sony to help.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/SX517801

Once you get into your 3rd year with O2, any repair you wish to make comes out of your pocket, @Chri.

The issue with O2's 3-year term contracts is most manufacturers cover defect repairs for up to 2 years. I am not sure if Sony offer 1 or 2 year cover, you would need to check with them.

If no joy, you can pay off your device plan, and perhaps recoup some money on the phone from CEX or similar, and put the money into a second-user functional phone for the 3rd year of your contract.

Others here may come back to you with other ideas - shame you put up with your misbehaving phone for so long.

Message 2 of 2