Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sites being blocked?

Sonic5317
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there, I'm trying to access oldschool RuneScape on mobile data, but the app can't connect while on mobile data. Google Chrome also isn't able to reach www.runescape.com but loads fine on WiFi. I don't have any content restrictions on my account but still cannot access the site.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145028 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Sonic5317 

Must be being blocked by o2 then I guess.

Have you reported it to customer service? 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Sonic5317 just checking if you sorted it out by now or have any updates on this

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 5

Sonic5317
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, I contacted O2 and they claimed they hadn't restricted access. However this was posted on the games forum a little while ago. "Some users may experience issues when trying to play using a mobile data connection (as opposed to WiFi). This is related to an issue with some networks (such as Vodafone) incorrectly blocking data from Old School RuneScape. Whilst we try to resolve the issue directly with these networks, we'd strongly recommend contacting your network provider to see if they can resolve the issue." So it seems it's a case of waiting until it's resolved
Message 4 of 5

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Sonic5317 thanks for letting us know. Let's hope this gets resolved soon. Odd one.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5