Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim can’t receive sms or calls, can’t swap number to new sim

Andy541
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m not sure when my Sim stopped working but it’s been a month or longer (I don’t use my phone other than on Wi-Fi and for iMessage.)

I wanted to fix this so I ordered a new PAYG sim to see if it was my phone that didn’t work, the new sim works however I want my old number back as it is what I use for receiving security codes and such.

I have tried swapping the number using the Swap sim form but that requires the old number to receive sms which it can’t.

I had called 4445, yesterday 1.11.23, gave them my old number and the number for the new Sim, was instructed that everything should be sorted in 24 hours. It wasn’t.

I called again today, 2.11.23, explained what I wanted again but this time the agent asked for both numbers and email address. I gave this information and they said they were going to send a new pay monthly sim which would apparently have my desires number on it. (This isn’t ideal as I want to stay PAYG but it’s better than nothing.)

However! I terminated the call because they asked me for the sort code for my bank, I was under the impression O2 wouldn’t ask for something like that.

Can anybody help? 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6773 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

If the original SIM was PAYG it is likely that you either didn't top up in the requred timeframe or you did not make a chargeable call.

It will very much depend on when that happened as to wether the number can be retrieved.

We are all customers here so can only advise keeping on at O2 till you get someone who knows what they are doing.

As to the sales tactic, sadly these seem to be increasing aping Virgin Mobile

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6773 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

If the original SIM was PAYG it is likely that you either didn't top up in the requred timeframe or you did not make a chargeable call.

It will very much depend on when that happened as to wether the number can be retrieved.

We are all customers here so can only advise keeping on at O2 till you get someone who knows what they are doing.

As to the sales tactic, sadly these seem to be increasing aping Virgin Mobile

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2