Did you mean: 

Sim and handset stopped getting cellular signal

Mhairi1984
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Looking for some advice. Yesterday my phone lost all 4G and network coverage. I assumed it was a network issue but when I got home and checked my kids phones, theirs was fine. I have tried my sim in their phones, didn’t work but also tried their sims in my phone and that didn’t work either. Surely my sim and phone haven’t both stopped working at the same time. I’ve tried soft reset and reset network settings. Any advice? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Hi @Mhairi1984 - here's the steps to go through for you to check: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

It could be both a phone and SIM issue, if your phone got a blast of statice from something or got dropped in a puddle. See what the guide above does for you first.

If you get to the O2 Shop visit stage, don't forget to take some photo id and proof of address with you, like a utility bill and passport or photo driving licence. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Mhairi1984
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I think I’ll have to go into a shop as no joy trying the steps in the video. The phone was working one minute then not the next, I was in the car so no damage to the phone. Connected fine to wifi when I got home. I just find it bizarre my sim and device both don’t seem to be working. 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Hi @Mhairi1984 - just wondering how you got on with your misbehaving phone and/or SIM card today - could the Tech Support agent in the O2 Shop get you back up and 'mobile'?

Message 4 of 4