Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap or whatever

Swadez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I lost my phone on Thursday afternoon. Rung O2 up and they blocked the device and sim.

On Thursday I got a new phone and went into O2 store and got a digital e-sim QR code for new phone so I could get my number up and running. Was told sim swap would be done within 24 hours.

As soon as the QR code was set up, I saw the O2 name appear and was getting all signal bars. Thought the sim had been done. I was wrong.

I was not able to make or receive calls and there was no 4G or any Like 3G etc. The phone was like when a restriction is placed and you are not able to use the number to make any calls or receive any calls or text messages.

rung up customer service and they said that the Sim swap had been successful immediately however because there was a restriction on my account due to the mobile phone device lost from yesterday that they will need to remove the restrictions and that is what they did. I was told that I would be up and running within hours. I was not.

Then early this morning rung customer service again and was told that the request for removing the bars from last night had not been done and therefore they will be doing another one right now and I should wait a few hours.

I then made another further call a few hours later as the problem was still there and this time I was told that the restrictions cannot be removed because the Sim swap has still not been provisioned. even though I was telling them that I could see the O2 signal they refuse to believe me and said that they will be putting it through two technical and they will look into it.

Now it is Saturday evening and I have been told to wait another 48 hours is limited staff over the weekend. 

I am not happy at all about this because as far as I am aware the Sim has indeed been swapped otherwise I would not have got the O2 signal and the restrictions need to be removed which they are not doing or the system is not letting them do because the system is telling them that the Sim swap has not been completed.

any help will be appreciated as I cannot access my number and without my number I cannot access my banking apps or get phone calls regarding my children who are away out of the country and I am not able to do anything at all.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @jonsie.

I'm so sorry to hear this @Swadez, I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I suggest we ask @O2Lisa to have a look at your account but she won't be in until Monday morning now

Message 2 of 3

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @jonsie.

I'm so sorry to hear this @Swadez, I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3