Did you mean: 

Sim Swap nightmare! :(

SlowJamz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning

I'm having no signal following a failed sim swap. I was sent a 5g sim to replace my 4g sim and the process didn't complete. I was told it would be ok after 24hrs, this was back on the 21/12. Its now been a week and I'm without my phone still. I have called up many times to the Customer Service department and no one seems to be able to help. Just that it was raised and sent to the 'back team' to resolve as the sim is stuck in processing/reserved? and will be 5 days. this was back on the 22/12.

Does anyone have any idea how this can be repaired so I can get my phone working again?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@SlowJamz 

Sim swaps do fail unfortunately, and they do take time to fix especially over a bank holiday... 

Your best bet is to go to an o2 store with Photo ID and see if they can issue a replacement sim card, or just keep persevering with o2 customer services

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

SlowJamz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I’ve been to the store which also was no help as the system wouldn’t allow the CS agent to reassign a fresh sim, or ESIM.

I’m hoping it will be solved this week, before I return to work. 🙏🏽

Message 3 of 6

SlowJamz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2 Hi Dave, wondering if you can help with what I'm experiencing with my sim swap issue? I've searched the community and seen that you've helped a few others here. wondering if you can shed any light?

I did a sim swap on 21/12 and up to now I still have no signal 😞 been a week since, contacted O2 CS many times, and the local O2 store cant help, as apparently it's stuck in processing?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 690 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @SlowJamz 

Can you please drop me a PM with some more details and i'll take a closer look 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 5 of 6

SlowJamz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All sorted as of this morning, fingers crossed slight_smile

Message 6 of 6