Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal

Ian444
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since moving to 02 from virgin media I am experiencing intermittent lost internet connection 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36612 Posts
  • 236 Topics
  • 1634 Solutions

@Ian444 - take a look at this Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? - see if there's something in your SIM, phone or area that could be affecting the O2 signal.

Also check that your old Virgin Mobile settings have been replaced with the correct O2 settings for your Service and Handset type:

Failing that, you will need to reach out to O2, their Social Media support channels are in the link just below this post, for them to check your account is set up as it should be post-migration. Good luck, @Ian444.

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10311 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

@Ian444 

If this is new, then it could be either a handset problem or a sim card issue as Virgin has been on o2 for a while now, and it could be related to the migration of all VM's direct customers to o2. 

Try you sim card in a different phone, as this will rule out a handset issue. 

Also have a look at these guides

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Also have a look on https://status.o2.co.uk 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

moccy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so glad im not the only one, i agree its crap real bad signal i had none of this on the virgin part before im only just about getting 1 bar on 3G no flipping 4G no chance of 5, 2023 and cant think its still its this bad.

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6836 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1529 Solutions

@moccy wrote:

so glad im not the only one, i agree its crap real bad signal i had none of this on the virgin part before im only just about getting 1 bar on 3G no flipping 4G no chance of 5, 2023 and cant think its still its this bad.

You should get exactly the same.

Personally I would get a new O2 SIM (best calling in a shop with ID). Virgin SIM cards have lots of problems

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5