Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal wildly fluctuating.

RogerDodger
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has been going on for many weeks now.  Phone call will suddenly drop out, or I will not be able to dial any number at all.  Rarely ever see 3 bars, but used to be able to hold a conversation with 2 or even 1 bar previously.  Also data jumps from 3G to E to nothing at all.

As far as signal strength is concerned, I am led to believe that Apple no longer offer the facility to acccurately check the signal dBm which used to be listed under RSRP0.  It is claimed that the bargraph is wildly inaccurate!

Customer service don't seem to be able to do anything about this issue other than keep sending me new SIMs, which do not seem to make any difference.  I have even changed my phone, but still same problem.

The o2 status website page seems to continually show that my local cell transmitter has a problem (our engineers are trying to fix it, etc.,etc.).

Customer service do not appear to have any information on the exact nature of the transmitter problem, nor are they able to transfer me to someone in technical support.  Does anyone have a telephone number that would get me directly to technical support?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@RogerDodger 

There isnt one.. 

If the mast is in fault then it can take time to restore service, if possible or they might just rip it out, and move it to somewhere... 

No network provides ETA's of when an issue will be fixed.. 

o2 (and other networks) dont offer 100% Uptime SLA's or 100% Coverage 

You can always ask o2 to enable WiFi Calling so you can use the phone for calls at home or where in the UK you are connected to WiFi

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36026 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Téléphone number, no, but O2 has good social media team support, all listed in the link just below this post, @RogerDodger.

Message 3 of 3