Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal suddenly become awful

MJC1991
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with o2 for over a decade now with barely any issues. I recently upgraded my phone from an iPhone 11 to and iPhone 13 and also changed my sim only contract with o2 at the same time. Pretty much as soon as I swapped my sim to the new phone, my signal got a lot worse. I listen to music on my drive home and where there was only 1 spot of bad internet before, there are now about 5/6 spots where the internet is non existent now. I assume this could be a phone issue, so I went to an Apple store and they tested the phone and said there are no issues with it. I spoke to someone in an o2 store and they gave me a new sim card incase that was the issue which made no difference. Then I rang o2 and they suggested I reset all network settings, which I did and has also made no difference. Is it just coincidence that the signal worsened the same time as I changed my phone? I rarely get signal now where I used to. 3G doesn't work at all and is the same as having no internet. 4G works mostly but sometimes, even in the centre of a big town, seems to struggle. I live in the West Country, but my signal/internet has never been this bad before 😞 I pay £50+ a month for this phone and sim only contract and it just isn't working like it should be. Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123009 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@MJC1991 

Check these guides

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Also get the My Network app where you get updates and can report issues

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network 

If none of this helps you may need to consider a change of network.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2