Did you mean: 

Shocking customer service

Dul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Let me break my issue down,

I've been a customer of o2 for about 15 years across a bunch of different phone numbers (I like to change my number every now to avoid scammers and stuff).

I took out a new contract with o2 2 years ago, it was alright.

Recently I started visiting some friends in the Americas, each time I go I seem to get charged.

My first trip back in January, resulting in a £132.85 bill. I asked at the start of my contact for a £0 spend cap over the phone, this was acknowledge, but apparently never applied.

After complaining to customer service at the surreal charges, they credited me a measly £58.05.

Since then I have complained to o2 and they said they would follow up on my complaint, then I heard nothing.

I left it alone, I thought "oh well", and now they have thrown on more charges for an airtime bill that I did not sign up to.

I think this time it is for Amazon Prime, which I took advantage of at the beginning of my contract. I was given 6 months for free and explicitly asked for it not to automatically renew upon expiry, but apparently this, just like the initial £0 spend cap, was not applied, and now o2 wants  £5.99.

I phoned customer services today and complained and they said they would sort this all out for me and would even credit me £120 for the problem being caused, yet I'm still being asked to pay.

Does anyone know how I can either get this issue all sorted? Or, how can I leave o2 without it destroying my credit score? I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23103 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Dul If you want to stop the Amazon charge see this guide: Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Dul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, but I'm still not sure what to do about the charges. It seems they want me to pay for this month regardless if it is correct or not?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144466 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27681 Solutions

@Dul 

If you don't pay they will cut you off and put a black mark on your credit file, so it's in your interest to pay what you owe.

When and if you get the refund, it will be a credit on your account, so you won't have a bill whilst that money is used.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6619 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

With regards to Amazon Prime you would have been informed of the need for to cancel when you set it up with Amazon. Those are Amazon's Terms and Conditions and O2 cannot vary them.

With regards to the spending cap that has only ever applied when the phone is used in the UK. Charges abroad would be dependant on what roaming packages you have and what roaming agreement are in place with that country. It is your responsibility to check before you go.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5