cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup esim on Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 (the watch wasn’t bought from o2)

SDYT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey everyone !

I’m looking for a step by step guide on how to set up a sim plan for samsung watch (4/5/6) when the watch hasn’t been purchased straight from o2.

I have had many instances where customers coming in store and they want to add the sim plan for their samsung watch which they have bought elsewhere.

Following the setup wizard on wearable app looks like everything will work as they should but the result is that the watch is unable to make calls when it is not connected to the device.

If anyone has a guide that will be great and very much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance !!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144723 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@SDYT 

Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

SDYT
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5  Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

I'll give it a go tomorrow and hopefully it'll work ! 

Thanks again !

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144723 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

You're welcome and good luck @SDYT 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

SDYT
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to provide an update on this topic, so following the guide @MI5 provided i was able to add the airtime on a samsung watch 4 classic which is paired to a Z Fold 5 and the watch is able to make / receive calls and send/ receive texts but i have come to a conclusion that if you want to pair a samsung watch with a pixel phone then the watch isn’t able to make calls unless if it is connected to the phone via bluetooth. I hope that it will be a solution regarding that in the future

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144723 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

There's always potential for compatibility issues in such cases.

The requirement for the Samsung wearables app is supposed to bridge that but doesn't always work.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6