Did you mean: 

Setting up mobile service

TomD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I got the new iPhone 15 pro max today, upgrade from the iPhone 11. I’ve set up the new device and transferred everything across but I was not given a SIM card, so assume I need to set up an eSIM which I have requested through my old phone. Once I receive this will I be able to set it up on the new phone and have access to data etc? Do o need to put the old sim  into the new device?

thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Depending on where the eSim request is, you might be able to use the old sim in the new phone @TomD which is what we normally recommend if upgrading.

If that doesn't work, the eSim might be on the way.

You can also check if you can access your eSim on your My o2 account...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144446 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@TomD 

Just use your old sim.

To activate the esim you will need to do a sim swap from your old phone Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

TomD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve requested the esim, so I don’t appear to be getting any bars in the top right on either device at the minute. Not sure.

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@TomD 

How did you request the esim, as if it was via customer services you will need to wait for the esim pack to arrive, as o2 stop the old sim until it arrives. 

You would be better if you can, going to an o2 store with Photo ID, and they can issue you a new sim or esim.. If you dont need an esim dont get one...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144446 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@TomD 

O2 will have turned off your old sim as that's what they do when a new one is ordered.

Check in your MyO2 as you may have the esim option in there, if not either wait or call in store.

https://www.o2.co.uk/storelocator

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6