Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up data / cellular connection for Apple iWatch Ultra

ChrisTom
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to set up my iWatch so I can use its cellular connection without carrying the phone. What is the best way to do this? I tried the iPhone - watch app and get a error code 32.

I then phoned the help line (020) and they said they can't help, they told me  I need to go to a shop. 

I went to a 02 Shop and they said they can't do it I need to phone the help line... oh dear! 

Who can set this up? 

I don't mind adding the £5 extra charge, do I need an esim? or does that create a separate phone account (with a different phone number) which I don't want to do. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

The watch has an eSim in it, along with a different number @ChrisTom. What should happen is once it is set up correctly then it will receive any calls made to your normal phone number.

Apparently Apple have recently released an iOS update that has caused many issues.

We can ask one of the community advisors to take a look at your account to ensure everything is ok, and try and get your watch working.

Can you see if you can get this watch working please @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@ChrisTom I will send you a private message so we can take a look at this. 

Message 3 of 3