Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service and data not working on new device

Kenty
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a samsung fold 4 off a friend and got the screen repaired as it was broken but when i put my sim card into the device my service and mobile data hasnt worked since 

I have gone into my local store twice and have recieved a sim and had them activated both times i have gone in and none have worked 

I have done other fixes o2 suggest and have contacted the support line many times to get this fixed 

The sim cards have worked in my old phone flawlessly and instantly 

The fold 4 is a o2 device so its not locked to another network and i have been relying on wifi calling for calls and texts for 3 weeks and i have no clue how to fix this 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Kenty 

Clearly the phone is still faulty or has been barred.

If your friend claimed off insurance when it was damaged it's most certainly barred.

CheckMEND The world's most comprehensive device check

Or Help & Contact | Samsung United Kingdom

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Kenty
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Device being faulty is a most likely it but im unsure whats faulty as its reading the sim cards and works on wifi and theres been 2 or 3 times in public not in my local area where its worked perfectly 

My friend didnt have insurance for the device when they had it so unsure if it woulf be barred 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Kenty 

Check both links I gave you for help.

It could just be the antenna that's not fully connected but Samsung can run checks for that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4