cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling my Galaxy Watch 4 LTE, how to remove O2 account?

Spoonablehippo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm selling my Sons Galaxy Watch 4 LTE as he's moved to an iPhone.

It's still under contract, and I'm happy to continue to pay this until its cleared.

How do I remove/unlink the O2 account from it so I can sell it? Or do I not need to?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Spoonablehippo 

Yes it will work as you described, however, legally it isn't yours to sell as you have it on credit from O2.

In reality, as long as you continue the payments, there won't be any problems to you, but the new owner won't be able to pair it via cellular as it's still connected to your son's account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Spoonablehippo 

You need to pay it off in full before it can be disconnected from your account, reset and sold.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 8

Spoonablehippo
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, Thought as much lol

However, I've done a reset and paired it with a colleague's phone here at work, and it seems to work just fine via Bluetooth. 

Regarding the LTE functionality, I've tried calling my sons mobile number and the watch doesn't ring? But if I look at my sons account, the watch seems to have its own number listed? If I ring this number, the watch rings! But Is this independent of my sons' main mobile number?

Sorry, bit unfamiliar with the android watch side of things. I have an apple watch which shows as being linked to my account on my app and no separate phone number.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Spoonablehippo 

All watches have a different number. They work off the main number by being linked via the phone, hence the reason the watch won't ring when the phone is called as the cellular connection is the bit that needs to be disconnected from the account.

Of course, Bluetooth connectivity is not effected by this but will only connect when phone and watch are close to each other.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 8

Spoonablehippo
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again, beginning to understand lol

So, I guess what I'm trying to find out then, is if I sell it, it will work fine via Bluetooth (which we have confirmed).

Would there actually be any problems selling it whilst it's still linked to my sons account then?

The new owner won't get any messages or calls etc as its not actually paired to my son's phone anymore, right?

I tried making an LTE call from the watch when disconnected from the paired phone and it just says emergency calls only. 

Sorry for the questions, I'm just trying to find out if it's safe to sell really and that nothing the new owner does on it can interfere etc with my sons account whilst that account link is still there. We have no android phones in the house it will work with, and can't afford to pay it off, so if we can't sell it, it will just sit in a draw and eventually be thrown away I'm guessing. Which is daft lol

So 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Spoonablehippo 

Yes it will work as you described, however, legally it isn't yours to sell as you have it on credit from O2.

In reality, as long as you continue the payments, there won't be any problems to you, but the new owner won't be able to pair it via cellular as it's still connected to your son's account.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 8

Spoonablehippo
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Didn't even think of the legality of it! But don't imagine I'm the first to sell an "In contract" device...

Thank you for all your help 🙂

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

You're welcome @Spoonablehippo wink

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 8