Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen goes black iPhone SE 3

Lisajade
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At times my screen goes black how do I fix this i only have it from January 2023

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Lisajade 

Contact Apple for a diagnostic check https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Lisajade 

Contact Apple for a diagnostic check https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

uzibash
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If your iPhone SE 3 screen is black and unresponsive, you can try the following steps to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:

1. Charge your iPhone: Connect your iPhone SE 3 to a power source using the original charger and cable. Let it charge for at least 15-30 minutes. A completely drained battery can sometimes cause the screen to appear black.

2. Force Restart: Perform a force restart to try to wake up your iPhone. Here's how you can do it on the iPhone SE 3:

• Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
    • Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
    • Press and hold the Side (Power) button until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
  3. Check for Display Issues: Shine a flashlight onto the screen to see if you can discern any faint images. If you can see faint images but the screen is not fully functional, it could indicate a backlight or display issue. In this case, you may need to contact Apple Support or visit an authorized service provider for further assistance.

4. Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode: If the screen remains black and unresponsive, you may need to restore your iPhone SE 3 using recovery mode. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes (for macOS Catalina and later, use Finder).
    • Follow the force restart steps mentioned above to enter recovery mode.
    • When prompted with the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. This will erase all data on your iPhone and reinstall iOS.
  5. Contact Apple Support or Visit an Apple Store: If none of the above steps work, there may be a hardware issue with your iPhone SE 3 that requires professional assistance. Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store for further diagnosis and repair options.

Always ensure that your iPhone is backed up regularly to prevent data loss in case of unexpected issues or repairs.

Message 3 of 4

uzibash
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's correct!

Message 4 of 4