Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving of login and password

GriffsGriff
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just joined O2 from Virgin mobile - few problems getting into my account website - so said yes to saving login and password. Now that I've managed to get to grips with my mobile account I'd like to change "save" to do not save and then can create a better password from within my Password Manager app.

How can I do this

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@GriffsGriff 

If logging in online, your browser will prompt you to update the saved password.

Likewise in the app, your password manager will prompt for an update.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@GriffsGriff 

Just select "forgotten password" and you'll receive an email to reset your password.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

GriffsGriff
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your prompt response MI5, very grateful.

The thing is, once I've changed my password will I be able to ensure that the password and also the login will not be remembered so when I later log in, I'll have to give the login and the password to be accepted into my account. As an old one I succumbed to a suggestion that I should ask for the login and password to be remembered. I always avoid this on all my other account logins and feel more secure in keeping those two "words" to myself.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@GriffsGriff 

If logging in online, your browser will prompt you to update the saved password.

Likewise in the app, your password manager will prompt for an update.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

GriffsGriff
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again MI5, could act on your suggestion last night as we had some funny electricity supply issues, now it appears resolved so will make every effort to do as you suggest and hope that the on screen query box - to save or not to save will appear and I can say do not save.

Best regards

GriffsGriff

Message 5 of 7

GriffsGriff
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again MI5 and Breanna for the welcome. Sorry for delay in this second response, things have been quite hectic.

Have managed to get into MyO2 and found details of next bill so, pleased with that.

Also, managed to change my password but am still unable to change earlier decision, made in haste, to allow my password to be remembered for log ins.

A response box did appear after the change of password but did not stay up long enough for me to fully understand what it was about and was therefore unable to say "DO NOT REMEMBER MY PASSWORD"

I really would like to find out how to cancel "remember my password" to allow me to enter it at point of signing in.

I do hope someone can help me in this matter

Thanks in anticipation

GriffsGriff

Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

That would be dependent on which browser you use @GriffsGriff 

On Chrome, you would click the 3 dots in the top right (just under the X to close).

Then click on settings, and on the left is an option for Autofill and passwords.

You can then choose which sites Chrome fills the password for.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7