Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving contacts and photos to mobile

Showbiz67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afternoon, wondering if someone can help me as I don't know much about mobile technology. I have had to order a replacement SIM card. How do you save contacts and more importantly save photos to mobile instead of sim as I don't want to loose any. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Showbiz67 

There should not be any photos or contacts on sim card at all.

What phone have you got?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Showbiz67

Hello

Have you got mixed up? You can save Pictures/Videos/Music etc to a Micro SD card. If the phone has that Option of Expandable Memory.

You can only Save Contacts to the Sim Card.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes as said the pics etc will be stored either on the phones internal memory or an SD card if you have one, either way the pics will still be on the phone when you swap the SIM.

As for contacts, there should be an option in the phone setings to copy (Import/Export) from the SIM to the phone. Contacts can also be shared via Bluetooth. 

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also: Don't risk keeping all your pics and other stuff on just your phone.

Backup all your pics/files/folders to another device like: PC/Hard Drive/Removable Drive/USB Stick or Cloud Server.

Better to be safe than sorry thumbsup

Message 5 of 5