Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander OTP not received

Jayef
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just switched to O2 from Sky, & trying to register a new OnePlus phone using Santander app.

Problem is that Santander OTP is not being received. All other text sending & receiving is fine.

I see others have had a similar problem, but can't find a solution.

Any advice please as to next steps to fix.

Message 1 of 50
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jayef
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

PROBLEM SOLVED. 

Just a belated confirmation that O2 fixed this. It took about 10 days. A huge thank you to Community Manager Breanna who chased this for me, and also to Lisa & Emma.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Jayef  

See if anything in this guide helps: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) - O2 Community

You can also reach O2 customer service via social media:

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or 202 from your mobile, 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 50

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

As flagged here, @Jayef

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/3D-card-verification-not-receiving-verification-texts/m-p...

- these cases can be addressed by contacting the O2 Social Media Team, on any of the three links just below this post. And thanks @Dg9 for the pointer, same advice holds true. Good luck.

Message 3 of 50

Jayef
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Many thanks for this. Rapidly (well slowly!) learning Twitter - without posting to planet. Awaiting O2  response. Phoning O2 twice was hopeless. Santander help desk much better & raise a "ticket" so at least there's a root cause trail. Hey ho.

Message 4 of 50

pgn
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
Message 5 of 50

Jayef
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks again, that's v helpful (sharpening axe before cutting forrest syndrome 🤦‍♂️). I noticed that a March ish  poster on this problem was asked if she had spending caps. I'm trying to remove mine (stupidly added to try it out). I've followed O2 help, but found I've no SETTINGS tab on MY O2 app. Is this normal -  Website development? 

Screenshot_2022-08-16-07-49-12-34_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Message 6 of 50

pgn
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Caps - guide here, Guide: Spend caps on O2 and there was a bit in here, near the end,  that talked to what could be done via self-service in MyO2 and what needed CS/O2 Social Media team assistance: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support @Jayef -

Now the bad - things that you cannot do:

• Change your direct debit date
  • Change a spend cap
  • Change the name on your account
  • Remove bolt ons
  • Swap a number from one contract to another (if you took out a new deal, rather than upgraded)
  • Move from pay monthly to pay as you go
  • Request your phone number to be changed (if you are receiving harrassment or abuse for example)
  • Arrange a payment scheme for your bill (either due to loss of work or your bill being larger than usual)
  • Add or remove O2 Phone Insurance cover
  • Call conferencing/merging if more than 3 people involved

I will take a look in my own MyO2 later, but I dispensed with all caps years ago when I got caught by one whilst in the US and had to ring O2 to get it removed toute-suite!

Message 7 of 50

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hey @Jayef do keep us updated on if/how you got this sorted! Were you able to get in touch on Twitter?

Message 8 of 50

Jayef
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks pgn. That's also extremely helpful, and I've now cancelled the spending cap via phone call. BUT - see picture - it doesn't help that the O2 website says that you can use MY O2 to set a cap.

Anyway, I've now managed to get my "No OTP Santander" technical problem logged with both O2 support (O2 Guru) and Santander Support and awaiting calls back from both after investigation.

For info. I've also tried my new O2 SIM in my wife's phone and the "No OTP Santander" fault still happens. But her phone with her own voda SIM does accept Santander OTP. 

So, unless Santander changed something which only affects my number - but not hers - at the same time as I ported my SIM (unlikely 🤔).... then it doesn't look like a Santander problem.

Screenshot_2022-08-16-07-49-28-34_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

This is all VERY frustrating.

Hey ho!

Message 9 of 50

Jayef
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for reaching out Breanna. I'm learning Twitter and will try and message you.

Message 10 of 50