Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s23 fe - Keeps disconnecting from wifi

Ascottishbell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I got the Samsung s23 fe last week and I noticed the WiFi was being glitchy and figured it was issues sigh VM. No one else who has phoned with VM has this issue. Tried restarting the hub and my phone constantly keeps disconnecting and buffering, happens every few minutes and also tried restarting the phone etc.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6652 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Have you got the phone to forget  the VM wifi connection and then reconnected?

Also does the phone run OK on other WiFi connections?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

H3LLCAT505
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 349 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Those who have Wi-Fi 6-enabled routers at home and are, therefore, using a Wi-Fi 6 connection seem to report Wi-Fi dropping on some Samsung devices.

So a fix (at least until Samsung hopefully can get rid of the issue for good through a software update) just go into your Wi-Fi router's setting if it supports Wi-Fi 6 and disable Wi-Fi 6.

Each router's got its own user interface so the option to disable Wi-Fi 6 may not be immediately noticeable, but you should be able to find it with a little bit of digging or just by doing a Google search on how to disable Wi-Fi 6 on your particular router.

Message 3 of 3