Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Z Flip 3 cracks on the fold

Jdgosk8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just spoken to a couple of agents at the call center who couldn't be any less helpful so I thought I would ask here and see if anyone had any insight.

I have had my Z flip 3 for about 7 months and have been extremely careful with it. There is no damage to the shell, no physical damage to the screen, but small hairline fractures have started appearing across the fold in the screen. I started to notice them last night and one has even gotten slightly bigger with use of the phone.

Would this be covered by warranty? Samsung seem to cover it as a fault and I have heard that o2 go off their warranty?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6506 Posts
  • 48 Topics
  • 1472 Solutions

Years of experience with Samsung faults tells me you are always better going to them direct.

In some areas they will come to you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6506 Posts
  • 48 Topics
  • 1472 Solutions

Years of experience with Samsung faults tells me you are always better going to them direct.

In some areas they will come to you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35746 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

GBax
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, I'm having exactly the same issue with Samsung trying to wriggle out of the warranty! Did you ever get resolution with this? Cheers

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10134 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@GBax 

Samsung are very good at trying to get out of warranty claims... 

With my Galaxy Fold, I ended up just doing a claim on my phone insurance, as I couldn't be bothered with fighting with Samsung anymore, and even my corporate account manager at Samsung couldnt get support to get into line.. 

So I voted with my feet and wont buy another Samsung phone...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5