Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A52s overheated

Vaness
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had my A52s since Dec 2021, and have had no issues at all. So, last Sunday, whilst I was on holiday, my phone battery died naturally while I was out. When I got back to the hotel, I plugged my phone in to charge it. After about 5 minutes, the phone emitted a continuous sound along with a message saying the phone was over heating, and it should be unplugged. It only had 28% charged. Then the phone turned itself off. The phone didn't even feel overly hot at all. I left the phone turned off for 10 minutes, then turned it back on again. 

Again, after roughly 5 minutes, the message came up again saying it was overheating. Then it turned itself off again. I couldn't use the phone for the whole of my holiday. I hadn't dropped the phone, it hadn't been put into water, in fact it was working completely fine until I plugged it in to charge!

When I got back home, I went to my 02 store. The guy said they could send it off, but I need to transfer all my important information etc on to Smart Switch. That's all well and good, but my phone will not charge at all, and has completely run out of power!

I have an old Samsung A70, and have tried and tried to find the photos I had taken on my A52s that would have been saved on Google photos or the cloud, but I can't seem to find any. I have some totally irreplaceable photos and info on my A52s that I really need to save. 

If I were to take both phones to an 02 store, would someone be able to help me find my data on my A70?

Has anyone else had this issue of overheating while charging the A52s and if so, what was the cause? 

If the battery were to be changed without saving the data on the phone, would all my data still be there if the battery change made it work again?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Vaness Your phone will still be under warranty, so you'd probably be better off contacting Samsung directly:

Product Help & Support | Samsung UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Vaness Your phone will still be under warranty, so you'd probably be better off contacting Samsung directly:

Product Help & Support | Samsung UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@Vaness 

take it into a samsung repair shop or call up their customer support for help.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 4