Did you mean: 

SIM unlock Unsuccessful

Vertex
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I've recently had to shift my network because the 02 coverage around where I live is non-existant. In attempting to switch networks, I learned that my phone is currently network locked, so I can't switch the phone's network over. I bought this phone prior to 2018, hence why this lock is currently in place. the device plan has already been settled.

To save a bunch of trouble, I have already looked at the guide for unlocking your phone multiple times, submitted manual forms for unlocking the phone and gotten the 16-digit code for unlocking the phone, the problem is that the code doesn't work for the unlocking the network.

I've been sent the same code 3 times, I've even tried disabling the Wifi connection and mobile data prior to unlocking the phone, however I'm now at 8 of 10 attempts at entering this code and every single time I've been told that the unlock has been unsuccessful. 

I don't know if this is because the code I've been sent is only meant to work for the Service Provider Lock option (the phone hasn't been service locked, I've checked) which the emails I've been sent all tell me to use the code for, but I'm really losing patience over this.

The last thing I want to have to do is file a complaint or contact OFFCOM about this but if there's no way for this phone to be unlocked and I'm going to have to keep on paying an airtime bill for a service I do not want to continue using then I have no idea what other options are available. 

If anyone knows what I can do then please let me know.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6932 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1544 Solutions

I'll ask one of the advisors on here to message you

@O2Ryan or @O2nath_ci can you help@Vertex 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 3 of 3