Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not working

chrismcpfilmtv
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a new Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max (replacing my iPhone 13 Pro), but now the SIM is not working. I've followed various troubleshooting tips, but nothing is working. 

I can see my recent calls, and numbers from voicemails left; although visual is currently unavailable, I can also see all of my text messages. I can't call out, send a text, or receive text messages or calls. I have tried test texts, my wife has tried to text me, I have tried to test call my wife, and she has tried to test call me. Calls fail with zero rings, and incoming calls go straight to voicemail. 

What am I doing wrong here? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@chrismcpfilmtv 

Assuming you are using the same sim, put it back in the old phone to see if it works.

If so, the new phone would appear faulty, if not, pop into your local O2 store for a new sim. Take photo ID with you.

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

chrismcpfilmtv
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll give that a try and let you know. 

I hope the phone isn't faulty; it's brand new and only just broke the seal today. 

Message 3 of 7

chrismcpfilmtv
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay, so. Both out-going and incoming test texts and calls worked. 

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@chrismcpfilmtv 

Need to get the phone checked Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple (UK) 

Did the phone come from O2?

It has been known for them to be sent out with a shipping bar on them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

chrismcpfilmtv
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, @MI5. I'm going to restart the process again, and if I can't get the phone data, settings including the ability to make/receive calls and texts, I'll pop into O2 (Livingston) tomorrow and, if need be, Edinburgh to have a word with Apple. 

I know Apple removed the iPhone 14 Pro range from their websites, but the phones should still work, especially when they are sealed with new boxes.

Have a lovely evening!

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Let us know how it goes @chrismcpfilmtv 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7