Hello, let me sum up my story of switching from Monthly to Pay As You Go:
1. I asked for migration from Monthly to PAYG as I was leaving the country. The card was sent to my address.
2. I received the new SIM card, which was supposed to be used after 10 (?) days.
3. My old (Monthly) SIM card stopped working after 3 days after receiving the new SIM card.
4. I put the new SIM card in, destroyed the old one. (because it was no longer working and I had no use of it - the fact of the SIM stopping to work was a signal to stop using it - that's what I thought)
5. The PAYG SIM wouldn't work.
6. I visited the O2 branch in the afternoon, the services on O2 side were not working, the only thing that was confirmed was the "success" of migration from Monthly to PAYG.
7. After 2 days of restarting etc the phone at home, I visited the branch again - I was given new SIM card which was supposed to work within 24 hours.
8. The SIM never activated and I'm effectively cut off from O2 network for a phone that was essential for dealing with business related to relocation.
I'm currently abroad and I'm not planning to visit the UK any time soon. I have no access to the online account, because of the requirement of providing the code that is obviously sent to the very number I have no access to.
Any chance for a helping hand?
Solved! Go to Solution.