Did you mean: 

SIM Swapping

K-J-W1996
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me how transferring my old PAYG number to my new Pay Monthly SIM works? I went to the O2 Store on Friday to have it transferred, but then told me the process would be completed tomorrow. So it's been that time and as result my Old SIM not working, my Old Number is gone, and I'm stuck with the Pay Monthly SIM. Is this intentional? How long does this process take? I was guaranteed it'll be transferred immediately the next day, but nothing 🤷‍♂️

Light needs to be shed on this because it's bothering me so much, all my old contacts and important 2FA go to that number, I had the number for 20yrs and used it for everything, now it's gone, at least,I hope it isn't. Can anyone inform me on this process??? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Kind regards,

Kyle Wright

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Nothing is done over the weekend with regards to porting and migration so Monday will be the earliest

If you are worried give O2 a call on 202, however again, it's weekend so 8am is the best time to call without having to wait in the queue for an hour or more

Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@K-J-W1996 

This guide gives some useful information about the migration process :-

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Message 3 of 5

K-J-W1996
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all for the Support, I'll wait until Tuesday to see any changes as I haven't seen any at the moment this Monday. I'll be contacting the Support Line if this ain't completed.

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@K-J-W1996 

Good luck and please let us know how things transpire. 👍

Message 5 of 5