Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

Billingd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

im in Greece at the moment and roaming is not working on my pay monthly sim. I’ve tried turning Mobile data off and on but still doesn’t work. Whenever I try to open safari on my iPhone 11, I get “Could not activate Mobile network “ message. I’ve also tried manually connecting to a network that my husband is using successfully on his iPhone. Still no good. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Check your phone's APN, https://support.apple.com/en-gb/102483 , is "mobile.o2.co.uk" instead of idata.o2.co.uk (something was missed by O2 when your account was set up, and idata is missing on O2 side).

Make sure you are using 4G (5G should work too, but 3G will not work in Greece any more).

Set your phone manually to a cellular network, so it is not trying to latch onto a Turkish or Albanian network (costly if that happens!).

Ensure you have Data Roaming enabled (as well as roaming).

Finally, contact O2 via Social Media or the free to call from an O2 phone +447860980202, to get them to check you have not got a Roaming Bar in place on your phone - seems many have had that setting inadvertently applied if upgraded in last 12 months or so.

Good luck, @Billingd!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Check your phone's APN, https://support.apple.com/en-gb/102483 , is "mobile.o2.co.uk" instead of idata.o2.co.uk (something was missed by O2 when your account was set up, and idata is missing on O2 side).

Make sure you are using 4G (5G should work too, but 3G will not work in Greece any more).

Set your phone manually to a cellular network, so it is not trying to latch onto a Turkish or Albanian network (costly if that happens!).

Ensure you have Data Roaming enabled (as well as roaming).

Finally, contact O2 via Social Media or the free to call from an O2 phone +447860980202, to get them to check you have not got a Roaming Bar in place on your phone - seems many have had that setting inadvertently applied if upgraded in last 12 months or so.

Good luck, @Billingd!

Message 2 of 4

Billingd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant. Looks like that worked straight away. The APN settings were wrong!!

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

You're welcome, enjoy the holiday 👍

Message 4 of 4