Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Customer Support

phammond53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 34 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can not believe every o2 customer with an I-phone has to contact o2 customer support to enable I-data roaming before travelling to EU countries. This is not necessary with any other network and a waste of time for support staff and customers who can not take a chance travelling without confirmation that data will work?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144444 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

@phammond53 

Once applied it stays unless you change it.

You don't need to call every time and as previously explained in detail, it's not just required for roaming.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Not every customer. People are asked if they have an iPhone on signing up. It is those that change mid contract.

It is what it is and I can't see it changing.

Guess when the time comes it's either swap network or swap phone. Unless you get idata applied beforehand.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144444 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

@phammond53 

Once applied it stays unless you change it.

You don't need to call every time and as previously explained in detail, it's not just required for roaming.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

phammond53
  • 34 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Other Networks do it automatically or don't need it if that makes sense.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144444 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

@phammond53 

Indeed, it is unique to O2.

Back in 2007, O2 were the only network to have the iPhone and as it used features that wouldn't work over the GSM network they needed a special bolt on.

As 3g evolved the bolt on wasn't needed by other networks when they came onboard with iPhones, but O2 decided not to change and have stuck with the bolt on ever since.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

phammond53
  • 34 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for that explanation and now I understand the issue as I previously purchased my I-phone and pay monthly sim separately.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144444 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7