Did you mean: 

Roaming Bar

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 

There are many reports on the Forum of people having travelled out of the UK only to discover their phone won't work because a Roaming Bar is active on their accounts.

- Can you find out from O2 if this was a sweeping policy to apply a Roaming Bar (or similar) for all accounts, PAYM and PAYG, during the Lockdown Years?

I have 3 phones to get checked before heading off to Spain at the end of June, and I'd rather know they need a call to CS to lift that bar before we travel so as not to waste time that could be better spent on the beach or in a different type of bar when we get there.

FYI 2 of the phones have been in Spain before, in 2019 and previously, and both have worked fine - I don't want to have CS poking around in those account settings unnecessarily, and I cannot see a way to check if the Roaming Bar, or any Bar, is active, or not, myself from the UK (ie before I travel).

The third phone was bought during first lockdown, so may need to be checked - but the other 2, a PAYM and a PAYG, used to be fine on Movistar in Spain.

Will they be fine in the dwindling hours of 29-Jun-2022 when, travel gods permitting, they, along with us, rock up in moonlit Mallorca in the Mediterranean Sea?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @pgn@Cleoriff I can confirm that there are no sweeping roaming bars in place. They only time someone should have a roaming bad is if they have requested it themselves. Feel free to tag me in any topics with an unrequested roaming bar so we can look into it. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Good question @pgn 

I'm positive Roaming bars were applied during lockdown as people were banned from moving around the UK, let alone travelling to another country.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @pgn@Cleoriff I can confirm that there are no sweeping roaming bars in place. They only time someone should have a roaming bad is if they have requested it themselves. Feel free to tag me in any topics with an unrequested roaming bar so we can look into it. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2 

I'll have to remove that sentence from any answer I give to someone whose phone doesn't work abroad! 😀

However, it does pose the question as to why some O2 phones fail to work when they are out of the UK.

Particularly when people go with friends who have phones on other networks and they work without issue?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff If you come across anymore flag them to me so we can check for any similarities. From there we can hopefully work out whats causing the issues. 

signature

Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I'll do that Martin, Thanks 🙂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

pgn
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for flagging that one @pgn 

signature

Message 8 of 13

pgn
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Message 9 of 13

pgn