Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripping me off

Xxxx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My bill came early instead of the 20th I was charged from the 15th so I got a late fee. I changed the date to the 20th now I have paid the bill My tariffs hasn't started I've been told it will start on the 15th yet again. That means I'll receive another late fee charge that is a joke I'm being robbed your staff are idiots. I don't have data and the idiot I spoke to thought she was doing me some good by giving me some data even though I've paid my bill that is disgraceful. I demand someone changes the payment date to the 20th as I requested at the beginning I'm not going to pay the next bill because of this I expect a full refund of my money. I now will change to a different network because I can't stand being taken for a ride

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Sorry, no one here can help you

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

If you don’t have data then a data inclusive tariff (they all are) is not your best choice.

You probably be better off on  traditional PAYG like Giffgaff or 1p mobile.

However, if you are in contract you would have to pay to leave. But keep it in mind for the future

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144483 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

You will need to pay a penalty to leave early if you've not reached the minimum term.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Whilst it is good to talk, and handy to let off steam, @Xxxx - I would check, as you are billed a month in advance and always on the same date each month, with 14 days to pay  ( Guide: How-to guide for My O2 might help you there!) by O2

The only way your date will have changed from what you have been used to is if you are a Virgin Mobile blow-in, or your account has been hacked and a new contract, and phone, has been put in place by parties unknown. Others have given sound advice above, it would serve you better to take that onboard and talk to O2, their Social Media team are available using the link just below. Good luck!

Message 5 of 7

Unhingxd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They forced me to upgrade to an iPad so now I’m being forced to pay hundreds of £ for a device I never wanted in the first place. Think they’re ****** tbh. 

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5788 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Unhingxd

In future, I would recommend that you start a new thread rather than tagging a new issue onto an old one. 

Unless you have been scammed, I don't seem how you were forced to upgrade to an iPad. Maybe you want to go into a little more detail ? Or do you think that it might have been a scam ? 

However, as this is a customer to customer forum, I am not sure that anyone here will be able to help you. It sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which cannot be done from here. If you message O2 using the links provided by @jonsie above, they should be able to help you with this. Alternatively, you can call O2 on 202  or 0344 809 0202.

Message 7 of 7